- In the morning, I like to keep things simple, so out come the dreaded (by some) face wipes, just to freshen up for the day. I've just finished a pack of Nivea face wipes for dry skin (here) and I've moved onto the Primark equivalent which are a little wetter but don't seem to be noticeably different otherwise.
- Then, I put on a moisturiser with SPF - I was using the Soap & Glory Feel Good Factor (review here) but I'm currently using Simple's offering, which is just as good. The one downside is that it takes a little longer to sink into the skin, so I have to try to remember to do that before having breakfast, so it's easier to do my makeup afterwards. It's a lot cheaper (£3.99 here) than the Soap & Glory offering, so I think I can live with that! The only aspect that really annoys me is the opaque bottle which leaves you completely in the dark as to how much you have left.
- I remove my eye make-up with the Simple eye makeup remover, which contrary to its promise, does not remove waterproof mascara, and always leaves me with some eyeliner left over. It's still pretty good for £3.25, but I think I'll look for an alternative when I use it up.
- I then go over my whole face with Bee Good Honey & Wild Water Mint Cleansing Water; this is the first true cleansing water I've ever used and I'm really enjoying it. I got it in the latest British Beauty Blogger box, but you can find it here for £10. It has the same annoyingly opaque packaging as the Simple moisturiser above. If you're looking for a more affordable alternative, I've also tried the Simple Toning Cleanser which is more viscous and less of a 'water', but still pretty good at £4.85 here.
- Before getting in the shower, I wet my face and rub in some Simple Moisturising Facial Wash which foams just enough to let you know it's doing the job. I'm really enjoying it; you can find it for £3.25 here
- A few times a week, I follow up with the Smoothing Facial Scrub from the same brand. This is very much a manual scrub; if you have dry skin like me, be very gentle with it. It is gritty enough that it's also working quite well on my arms too - so extra value for money! It's £3.29 here.
- To finish, I wash both cleanser and scrub off with a hot wet flannel.